Friday, April 27, 2012


Solder Fume Extractor From Old Hair Dryer



I have made a couple of solder fume extractors using Altoids tins. You can find instructions for these on the Internet. However, I always found that I had to get the extractor very close to the soldering, and this was not always easy to do.

The other day I was clearing out my workbench, and I found an old hair dryer saved from another project. It struck me that with this, I could make something that was much easier to position close to the source of the solder fumes.

It turned out to be very simple. I think the video explains it well. Here are the parts, materials and tools I used.
Easy.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, very good stuff about soldering fume extractor. fume extractor soldering can be use multi purpose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Robotic Design - Make your own innovative Robots using the the RoboGalaxy Design gallery. Get listed on the website with the innovative design under your name. @ http://www.robogalaxy.com/designs

    ReplyDelete